Extra Coarse Diamond Hone
Often purchased with...
- Extra Coarse Grit (70) Diamond Surface (Uninterrupted Diamond Coating)
- Brass Threaded Insert for Stainless Steel Thumb Screw
- Ergonomic Plastic Housing
- Made in the USA!
Designed for use with the Lansky Controlled Angle Sharpening System. Diamond Coatings are the most abrasive type of sharpener; they're ideal for modern, wear resistant tool steels. The extra coarse 70 grit diamond hone is designed specifically for repairing heavy duty damaged edges, reprofiling a knife's bevel and sharpening modern wear resistance steels.
*This product is included in the 4-Stone Deluxe Diamond System.
This Extra Coarse Diamond Hone is intended for use with the Lansky Controlled Angle Sharpening Kit.
1. Start by assembling the Guide Rod (sold separately or comes included with Sharpening Kits) and the Hone. Starting at minute 1:45 of our Instructional Sharpening Video is a great resource for the how-to with hone assembly.
2. After the Guide Rod is installed, be sure to select the correct angle to match up with your knife's existing angle grind. The extra Coarse is capable of removing a lot of metal from the knife blade, meaning you could change the angle (re-profile) of your knife fairly easily. It's important to remember when re-profiling a knife that it will take much more time than just standard sharpening.