Combo Stone 2" x 6"
Designed To Sharpen:
Often purchased with...
ComboStone 2"x6" / Knife & Tool Sharpener
The Lansky Dual Grit Combo Sharpening Stone offers the convenience of two grits in one stone. It is great for sharpening pocket knives, hunting and fishing knives, utility knife blades, cutting tools for gardening, woodworking, and industrial cutting tool edge maintenance.
(Dark Grey) Coarse Side - 120 grit
(Light Grey) Medium Side - 600 grit
Combo Bench Stone Instructions
1. Select the proper side of the stone for your edge.
- Dark-Course- For a completely dull or damaged edge
- Light-Fine- To touch up or maintain an already sharp edge
2. Set the stone on a stable, flat surface.
3. Lubrication (Nathan’s Honing Oil®) is optional but recommended with the use of the Combo Stones.
4. Observe the bevel angle on the blade you intend to sharpen. Then, bring the edge to the stone matching your sharpening angle to the bevel angle.
5. Using light pressure, push the edge of the blade across the stone in one motion, much like trying to slice a thin layer of the top of the stone. Maintaining a consistent angle is essential for the best results.
6. Repeat process 3-4 times on one side of the blade, then switch to the other side and repeat.
7. Repeat this process until edge is sharp.
8. Make sure to clean your stones after each use. Store in a cool dry place.
1. Use both sides of stones for the best results. Course -> Fine.
2. Start with 3-4 strokes per side. Repeat this process 3-4 times.
3. Then 2 strokes per side. Repeat this process 2-3 times.
4. Then 1 stroke per side. Repeat this process 1-2 times
5. If starting with the course side, move on using the fine side.
6. If you choose to use lubricant, use the same lubricant every time you sharpen. Lubricants will help clean the stone and prevent the surface from becoming clogged with metal shavings.
*More advanced techniques will be featured on the Lansky Sharpening Blog
Be Smart, Be Safe and Stay an Edge Above the Rest!
CAUTION: Knife sharpening is an inherently dangerous activity. Used properly this sharpener cannot hurt you but a carelessly handled blade or pointed object can.