Soft Arkansas Stone (6in x 2in)
Designed To Sharpen:
Often purchased with...
Soft Arkansas Sharpening Stone (6"x2")
Use whenever an exceptionally fine edge is desired. Provides the final polishing and finishing to all your edges. The ultimate finishing stone for professionals and do-it-yourselfers alike.
The base comes with non-slip rubber frame.
Arkansas Bench Stone Instructions
1. Select the proper stone for your edge.
- Soft- To maintain an already sharp edge
- Hard- To hone/polish a finished edge
2. Set the stone on a stable, flat surface.
3. Lubricate the stone’s surface using Nathan’s Honing Oil®.
4. Observe the bevel angle on the blade you intend to sharpen. Then, bring the edge to the stone matching your sharpening angle to the bevel angle.
5. Using light pressure, push the edge of the blade across the stone in one motion, much like trying to slice a thin layer off the top of the stone. Maintaining a consistent angle is essential for the best results.
6. Repeat process 3-4 times on one side of the blade, then switch to the other side and repeat.
7. Repeat this process until edge is sharp.
8. Make sure to clean your stones after each use. Store in a cool dry place.
1. Use a series of stones for the best results. Course -> Medium (Soft) -> Fine (Hard) -> Extra Fine
2. Start with 3-4 strokes per side. Repeat this process 3-4 times.
3. Then 2 strokes per side. Repeat this process 2-3 times.
4. Then 1 stroke per side. Repeat this process 1-2 times.
5. Then move on to a finer stone.
*More advanced techniques will be featured on the Lansky Sharpening Blog
Be Smart, Be Safe and Stay an Edge Above the Rest!
CAUTION: Knife sharpening is an inherently dangerous activity. Used properly this sharpener cannot hurt you but a carelessly handled blade or pointed object can.