Often purchased with...
- Medium Grit (280) Alumina-Oxide Hone
- Threaded Brass Insert for Stainless Steel Screw
- Ergonomic Plastic Housing
- Made in the USA!
The Medium Hone works best in conjuction with coarse hone and fine grit hone. The medium hone is included in every Sharpening System excluding the the Diamond and Arkansas series. The medium grit is ideal for smoothing out deep scratches from hard blade use or from an extra-coarse/coarse abrasive hone.
This product is intended for use with the Lansky Controlled Angle Sharpening Kits.
1. Start by assembling this hone with the Guide Rod (either included with Kit or sold separately). Feel free to watch our Instructional video from minute 1:45 to see this step.
2. Once the Guide Rod is installed, be sure to pick the correct sharpening angle; usually matching the existing angle on your knife. This medium grit hone is not coarse enough to effectively re-profile the angle; coarse or extra-coarse is best for blade re-profiling.