Often purchased with...
- Coarse Grit (120) Alumina-Oxide Hone
- Threaded Brass Insert for Stainless Steel Screw
- Ergonomic Plastic Housing
- Made in the USA!
For producing the fastest cutting edge on all types of knives, the Coarse Hone is included in every Sharpening System excluding the the Diamond and Arkansas series. The coarse grit is ideal for sharpening a very dull blade and repairing blemishes or damage to an edge.
For use with the Lansky Controlled Angle Sharpening Kits:
- Insert the guide rod into the hone.
- Make sure the rod is in line with the sharpening surface.
- Bend the rod slightly, if needed. (See our Kit Instructional Video [minute 1:45] for how to properly assemble the guide rod and hone).
- Set the angle to the same one pre-established on your knife.
- Sharpen away!