How to use the Lansky Multi-Sharpener
June 6, 2018
The Lansky Multi-Sharpener makes sharpening regular and serrated blades easy. Use the flat surfaces to sharpen regular blades, the edges for serrations, and the groove for fish hooks and other pointed objects.
- Hold the sharpener firmly by the Guide Guard on one end.
- Hold the knife with your other hand (with the edge facing away from you) and bring the corner of the sharpener to the serration.
- Gently push, while using a rolling motion to sweep the sharpener’s corner from one side of the serration or scallop to the other. (A single stroke will remove any burrs on the reverse side of your blade).
Sharpening Regular Blades:
- Place your thumb on one Guide Guard and the tip of your second or third finger of the same hand on the other guide guard.
- Place the blade’s edge against the flat side of the sharpener. While maintaining a consistent angle, and with even pressure, gently push the entire edge across the sharpener in a single stroke, much like attempting to slice a thin layer off the side.
- Do this three to five times, and then repeat on the reverse side of the blade.
- Continue this process until the blade is sharp.
Cleaning the Multi-Sharpener:
When the alumina ceramic sharpening rod becomes dark with metal particles from the sharpening process, use the Lansky® EraserBlock® or a little household cleanser. The alumina ceramic sharpening rod will never wear out.
- How to use a Lansky Benchstone
- How to use Lansky TurnBox Sharpeners
- How to use the Lansky Puck
- How to use the Lansky Controlled-Angle Sharpening System
March 6, 2019
The QuadSharp and the C-Sharp are two very similar products. At first glance, it may seem as if they are the same product. The…
February 4, 2019
It takes more than the occasional sharpening to keep a knife in top shape. With just a little time and attention, you can reap…
November 12, 2018
Brett Milewski On the week of the 4th of July, while boating, a rope was caught around the propeller. This can be a very fru…
November 5, 2018
Steve Johnson Over 4th of July week, my family went camping with friends and cousins. On one afternoon, the family said, let…
October 15, 2018
Roy Hampton Having a sharp knife in the field is extremely important for many reasons. You never know what you will need it fo…