- Ultra Fine Grit (2000) Ceramic Sharpening Surface
- Brass threaded insert for Stainless Steel Thumb Screw
- Ergonomic Plastic Housing
- Made in the USA!
The ultimate accessory for your Lansky Sharpening System. This 2000 grit ceramic Polishing Hone lets you achieve the ultimate, factory-style finish on an already sharpened blade. Mirror Polish, here we come!
*This product is not included in any System; it is only sold separately.
The good news is that it works phenomenally once it is dressed, and you'll only have to do it once.
Same story with the ceramic stone, but it doesn't take as long to dress.
Redressing it is half completed atm. Results are encouraging
Lansky bills the Super Sapphire as the ultimate finishing stone for the Lansky system and I'm not going to disagree. I find that the super sapphire has a bit of a granular feel, with more bite than the pink fine or white ultra fine stones. It feels like it removes more metal than either of those, I get a robust burr pretty quickly - but the edge produced is blamelessly sharp. I've had it for a month now and always use it after the pink fine stone and marvel at how well and quickly it raises a burr compared to the pink or white stones. I find that a bit mystifying given that the grit is finer. Maybe the super sapphire is finer grit but softer? In any case it's an awesome finishing stone. My knives have a razor-like finish.
Leave a Reply
For use with the Lansky Controlled Angle Sharpening Kits.
1. This product is used just the same as all the controlled angle hones first starting by inserting the guide rod, insuring it's in line with the sharpening surface. Reference minute 1:45 in our Kit Instuctional Video for how to properly assemble the Guide Rod and the Hone.
2. Be certain you set the angle to the same as the one pre-established on your knife. Next, sharpen away! Unless it's a daily touch up, the Super Sapphire Hone should be used along with a more coarse hone. The Super Sapphire will be the finishing touch to leave a polished edge on your knife.