- Coarse Grit (120) Diamond Surface (Uninterrupted Diamond Coating)
- Brass Threaded Insert for Stainless Steel Thumb Screw
- Ergonomic Plastic Housing
- Made in the USA!
Designed for use with the Lansky Controlled Angle Sharpening System. Diamond Coatings are the most abrasive type of sharpener; they're ideal for modern, wear resistant tool steels. The coarse 120 grit diamond hone is perfect for repairing and sharpening a very dull edge.
*This product is included in all Diamond Controlled Angle Sharpening Systems
Often purchased with...
Feb 21st, 2014
Super fast stock removal for when you want to re profile a dull or damaged edge. But be ready to spend some quality time with finer hones to remove the DEEP scratches this one leaves.
Add a Comment
This product is intended for use with the Lansky Controlled Angle Sharpening Kits.
1. Start by assembling this Hone with a Guide Rod (included with Controlled Angle Kit or Sold Individually). Watch this step by skipping to minute 1:45 of our Sharpening Instructional Video.
2. Once the Guide Rod is installed properly, be sure to pick the correct angle that matches the pre-existing bevel of your knife, unless you're trying to change the angle.
3. To change the bevel grind angle of your knife, just set the clamp to your preferenced angle. Understand, however, that regrinding a knife bevel by hand can take a much longer time than just sharpening. Re-profiling tends to wear the hones quicker, too. The Extra Coarse is most recommended for angle re-profiling.